Welcome to Mrs Rania's e-class!

This blog is for all of you, my amazing students. This is where you can showcase your work for everyone to admire and share it with your friends. It's also the place to meet when we're not at school.
Parents are welcome too, and so are friends.

And remember,
always be the best you can be,
Mrs Rania

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

CLASS F: Unit 2: Shopping



Watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MkIldBoiM4

An example to prepare for your role play (from British Council on http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/skills/listening-skills-practice/shopping-clothes) :

Shopping for clothes.


Shop assistant: Can I help you?
 Customer: Yes, have you got this T-shirt in other colours?
Shop assistant: We’ve got it in white, black, red and purple. What size do you want? Customer: Medium.
Shop assistant: OK, in medium we’ve got black and red.
Customer: And in purple?
 Shop assistant: No, just black and red.
Customer: OK, red. Can I try it on?
 Shop assistant: Yes, of course. The changing rooms are over there. (pause)
Shop assistant: Is it OK?
Customer: Yes, I’ll take it.
Shop assistant: That’s £10.95. Would you like to pay by credit card or with cash? Customer: Cash please. Here’s twenty.

Shop assistant: OK, thanks, that’s nine pounds, 5p change and here’s your receipt. Customer: Thanks. Bye


Also:

Assistant: Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, please. I’m looking for a pair of sandals.
Assistant: What’s your shoe size?
Customer: I think it’s 39.
Assistant: What colour would you like them?
Customer: White or red.
Assistant: We have just received the new models for the summer. I’ll show you.
Customer: Can I try them on?
Assistant: Of course, I’m sure you will like them.
Customer: Oh yes! They are really nice and fashionable. I’ll buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to the teacher here!